Team Elite are triathletes who are given custom training plans by Coach SBR and are willing to do what it takes… to get comfortable with being uncomfortable… to put in the hours of training in sometimes not-so-pleasant circumstances… to get it done! It is my privilege to help them clearly set their goals, formulate a plan for how to achieve them, and keep them accountable to their teammates, their coach, and ultimately themselves. These are athletes who set high expectations for themselves, are willing to put in the training necessary, be willing to rest and recover when necessary, and of course have a great time training and racing.
Team Elite athletes’ goals range from finishing a first 70.3 IRONMAN or full IRONMAN race, getting a PR or a podium spot at any distance, and for some the goal is to qualify for a World Championship spot. Do you have to be an “elite” athlete to be a part of this? No. This is about an “elite” level of coaching, specifically tailored to your life. Customized. Not a “template”. It’s about coaching that goes beyond expectations to provide athletes with not only the tools to train, but to recover, and of course do fun stuff with their team. We all know improvement requires going to the “house of pain” now and then, but I’m willing to spend time in that house with them! We all work hard and train with a focus; sometimes on our own, sometimes together.
Team Elite is a lifestyle of Epic Adventures in training, racing and life.
Features of Team Elite 2016/2017
- ATP (Annual Training Plan), broken into training micro-cycles provided to athlete monthly using Training Peaks software.
- Initial 2 hour in-person consultation to review Athlete Questionnaire and discuss athlete history, define specific goals for 2016/2017, discuss key “A”races/events, and formulate a yearly, monthly and weekly schedule outline.
- Regular communication via texts, emails and phone and in person. Emails and texts returned within 24 hours (usually within 1 hour unless I’m out training)
- Wattage testing on your bike utilizing the Wahoo KICKR at time of consult to establish baseline and threshold training zones. Periodic wattage testing to gauge fitness gains.
- Once weekly 60-90 minute wattage-based training sessions on the Wahoo KICKR geared specifically toward individual weaknesses, muscular endurance and strength building, and race course preparation. *This includes “face to face” time with Coach Sherry, monitoring of cycling form and positioning; may also include brick runs with Coach Sherry.
- Weekly use of Normatec recovery boots
- Group rides & runs on Saturdays led by Sherry, custom/training-specific distances. Ride slips included
- Coached track workouts with Sherry
- Initial and periodic time trial testing on the track (approximately three times in the season)
- Race preparation assistance with transition, tire changing, nutrition for training & racing
- Team discount on very cool custom race kits and sweatshirts
2015 Team Elite Beach Party at Emerald Bay
Smokin’ Fast Scott Tuttle at IMAZ
Team Elite 2015
We’re going to the 70.3 Ironman World Championship in 2016!!